I joined TUI 3 months ago and my first placement was based within distribution. My first project involved transforming the way we provide customer service today across all of our customer facing areas (not only within our retail shops, but also in our contact centres and in our resorts overseas), putting service at the heart of everything we do.
I was hoping to give you a “day in the life” breakdown, but it would probably be an impossible task as my days were so varied. Instead, here is a short list of some of some of the activities my first placement involved:
- Workshops with Senior Managers (I was thrown in at the deep end with one of these on my first day!)
- Internal/external research (everything from meeting with experts in different business areas and sending out a survey to all customer facing employees, to benchmarking of companies who are famous for service)
- Conference calls for regular updates
- Presenting my work to the rest of the workstream (the 20 senior managers from the workshop on the first day)
- Organising, facilitating and hosting my own workshop for the rest of the workstream
- Presenting to the Board of Directors
I cannot believe the level of responsibility I was given from Day 1 and how supportive everyone has been, particularly the Senior Managers I have had to interact with on a regular basis. This placement has confirmed what I initially thought about the company – the people really do make it!
Lynsey Burns (UK & I Commercial Graduate)