Name: James McAleer
Degree and University: BSc Psychology (Hons), Leicester University.
Which TUI graduate scheme you’re on: Finance Graduate Scheme.
What are you doing in your current assignment?: Revenue Accounting – Working with shops to reconcile variances between the booking systems and working on foreign exchange costs within the business.
What is your favourite thing about working at TUI?: The culture and the people that work here. It should not be underestimated how important their influence is. Everyone is always friendly and ready to help.
What were you doing at this time last year?: Working at The Grove hotel, a five star resort where the England football team stay and train before matches at Wembley. Also where they stayed before this year’s world cup in Brazil.
What has been your best holiday?: South Africa, one week on safari and one week in Cape Town. I was only 12 at the time, but I remember it being an amazing experience.
If you could combine two holidays, what would they be?: Portugal and South Africa. Safari, golf, beach, what more could you want!
Three interesting facts about you:
1) Born in USA, Atlanta, Georgia
2) Golf handicap of 8
3) Once played football against Edger Davids street legends football team in his tour of London
Three top tips for the application process:
1) Have confidence in your own ability, and get comfortable at that level. Feel like you deserve to be there.
2) Be resilient and keep moving through the process, determination to succeed is key.
3) Use multiple sources to augment your research, don’t just use the company website, try looking at annual accounts, investment websites etc.