In the lead up to the 2017 assessment centres and interviews, here are some tips and tricks (#LifeHacks) to help you on your day:
For the Video Interview:
- Speak clearly and loudly and use a well lit room
- Ensure your microphone and camera works
- Try not to have anything in the background that would distract from your answers
- Frame yourself in the screen correctly
For the Assessment Centre:
- Make sure you go over what you told us in the initial application and reasons for choosing TUI as you’ll likely be asked to elaborate on these during the interview.
- Don’t be worried about taking some time to think, the interviewer has been in your shoes!
- Rehearse the classic interview questions – they always come up and there are lots great websites to use!
- In group exercises you can only be marked on what you say and do, so make sure you contribute
- Give everyone a chance to speak, the person who shouts over others doesn’t come out on top even though they think they are being a leader
- Have questions prepared, and be honest about your experience and what you want from the scheme.
- Make sure you know about the role you’re applying for and new developments in the tourism industry.
- Remember to sell yourself… don’t just answer the questions!
A wise grad once said:
“No one is trying to trick you or catch you out; just give us a reason to employ you”
Ready to apply? Head over to our recruitment page now!
Coming Up Next Time: A very TUI Christmas!